This is my first recipe post, so bare with me as i figure out how to make this as easy as possible. Food photography is also much harder and i hope to improve on that skill as time goes on. Make sure to check back on the blog during the week for the first outfit post! Today, however, i wanted to share with you guys an easy recipe for Quick Curry Fried Rice. Try it and let me know how it goes!
Prep Time: 20 minutes.
What you need:
- Chicken Wings ( I made this for 2 people and only needed to buy the 6 piece chicken wings package)
- Onion: Peeled and diced into small squares
- Mixed frozen Vegetables: I usually use the frozen peas and carrots, but use whatever you like.
- 3 cups Jasmine rice
- 5 eggs: scrambled.
- Soy Sauce
- Spices: Maggie chicken bouillon, curry powder, basil, cayenne pepper (optional)
Seasoning the Chicken
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Place the Chicken into a bowl and add:
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper: This is optional. I like spicy food 🙂
- 2 Tablespoons of Maggie Seasoning (if you don’t have this at your local grocery store, chicken seasoning will work just as well)
Mix the ingredients in well with the chicken (for more flavor, you can do this the night before and refrigerate). Place the chicken onto a baking pan and bake at 400 degrees until your chicken is browned, usually takes about 25-30 minutes.
Place 3 cups of rice into a rice cooker. Add 3 cups of water , a tablespoon of oil, 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of curry and 3 tablespoons of Maggie chicken Seasoning. Mix well and cook rice as you would normally. The rice will come out a beautiful color and already flavored.
In a wok or pot, add oil and 5 beated eggs. Stir the eggs constantly until it is cooked and scrambled up. To this mixture, add your chopped onions and mixed vegetable mixture (make sure this is thawed out, you can do so by microwaving it for 5 minutes.) Add a bit more flavor to the egg mixture and add cayenne pepper , 1/2 teaspoon of curry and 1/2 teaspoon of chicken flavor. Add your cooked rice into the mixture, little at a time and fold into the egg mixture. If you feel you need, more flavor or spice, add a bit more seasoning. I am all for cooking to you exact taste, so you may modify this which ever way you’ll like. Take your chicken out once its done and enjoy with your loved ones. Your result should look something like this: